Suggestion Promotion Restrictions

Discussion in 'CW Feedback & Suggestions' started by Sock Monkey, Dec 29, 2016.

?

Remove Promotion Regulations

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jog

Jog Drug-Dealer Helper
    Community Supervisor

Well, considering that it's the only server that was merged with another, it makes sense. Don't get jelly now boi (insert lenny face)

2. Fry

Fry Grower

Sorry for getting jealous over not having people to help code our fucking server to how it used to be. Super Admins have more perms than I do

3. Fragger

Fragger Grower

+1, I don't think they should all be removed, but Four fucking days? Really? Navy got bitched at because we didn't have enough high ranks, however we couldn't because of this, one day is fine, if anything.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Vector

Vector CW Staff Manager

+1 I agree with the sentiment, Commanders should have a say over their battalion and what ranks the people in it get. Let the free market flow. If they mass promote unjustly, they'll just be setting themselves up for failure, simple as that. Let people make their own mistakes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

For the 1st month-ish the 2 new founders are focusing on CW. Then they'll go to other servers

6. Truffle

Truffle Grower
    Forum Moderator

+1 A commander should be able to promote his/her troops when they deem they are fit for the promotion, if they promote wrongly you take care of the commander, not force a new promotion rule because of one person.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Blisk

Blisk Grower

-1 Solely for the fact that the old ways was more a suggestion for the ranks that are higher than CSS+ which is how I saw them more so. Personally the first ranks from CT to CS should be easy to obtain. just be active in the Battalion and do well. CS and up was the point I made it harder to be promoted and still do since that's NCO, where they are becoming ready to be an Officer at that time (CSS+ I mean). If we wanna remove anything that involves the regulations, just remove the restrictions on CSS and down is all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

Agreed.

9. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

With the high number of yes votes, why hasn't this been implemented yet? XD

10. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

Because Jog had made this as a server rule, Commander meetings can not change this!
    Commander meetings can not change server rules.

I agree with @Jog's implementation of this to some extent. New users shouldn't be put up to such high ranks in less than a week. It's ridiculous.

I'm alright with that.

11. The Evonation

The Evonation CW Admin

this is one of the few times I agree with you sock
    1+ commanders decide on who and when to promote. for example, when I lead the 104th, I enacted a promotion system where CT-CSS is a week cooldown, 2nd LT-LT takes two weeks, CPT-Colonel takes 3. That's the kind of system I would implement in my own battalion, not saying it should be the city on the hill type of system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

If you did that then you don't even have to worry about jog's rules. Commanders still decide when you promote your troopers, so long as its not a promotion a day like what some people use to do. Has to have a few days in between. By the sounds of how you ran the battalion, your rules are a hell of a lot stricter than jogs xD

13. The Evonation

The Evonation CW Admin

At least I ain't as strict as 501st xD. takes a Month to be promoted to CLC. Also, I only really ran the battalion for a week before a major got commander over me ( a battalion commander). That's how I would have done it but oh well.

14. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

damn right

• Agree Agree x 1