1. Hey Guest! Want to win up to a $50 USD Steam Gift? Visit this thread to find out more! Scotty's Competition
    Dismiss Notice

Half Life 2 Fight RP guide

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Supreme Leader Snoke, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Supreme Leader Snoke

Supreme Leader Snoke Premium User

I know a lot of you will be wanting to fight on the server so he is a how to guide on how to properly fight in rp, this will be enforced strongly, failure to follow this may result in severe consequences. (The text here is taken from the Clockwork Hl2rp guide)

Fight Role-play:

FightRP is the act of using physical conflict to role-play. Examples of fight role-play can be fire-fights, fist fights, insurgencies, bombing and or other rebellious acts. FightRP is one of the most sensitive regions of Half-Life 2 role-play as it can injure, permanently harm or even in some cases kill other characters. To properly conduct fight role-play you first must need a good, logical reason that makes sense to all parties of the conflict. Like for example, in order to protect yourself from the oppression of the Civil Protection, you decided to shoot an officer dead in order to escape maybe a prosecution or execution. Sometimes fight role-play can happen between two or more citizens, like if a citizen has stolen one of your belongings and you forcefully take the item back.

This style of role-play requires a lot of performing and reasoning with certain mental and physical traits of all involved parties in a conflict. Examples of how to properly conduct yourself in various situations are shown below:

A fist fight with another citizen (factors to take into consideration when doing actions):

Your character's and your enemy's physical condition

Your character's and your enemy's skills and abilities

What items your character and your enemy currently has in possession

Example scenarios:

A muscular, strongly built man has stolen your ration and refuses to give it back to you.

You: /me attempts to grab the man's arm with full force and pull it towards me.

Him: /me pulls back his arm and pushes you back with moderate force.

You: /me stumbles backwards and quickly regains balance, then lunges a punch at the man's face.

Him: /me is caught off-guard and punched hard in the cheek, spitting blood of out my mouth.

You: /me while the man is stunned, I attempt to grab the ration forcefully from his hands.

Him: /me is too busy clutching onto his cheek and is stunned by the pain.

You: /me successfully takes the ration forcefully from his hands and runs off.

Him: says "I'll get you for this you little scumbag!"

A slim, small and athletic built female has a crazed look on her face and attempts to kill you with a broken bottle.

Her: /me attempts to stab you in the stomach with a broken beer bottle.

You: /me is caught slightly by surprise, but manages to quickly grab onto her hand and tries to keep it back from him.

Her: /me steps forward and attempts to punch the man in the jaw.

You: /me is putting all of his energy into keeping her hand away and gets punched in the jaw, loosening his grip.

Her: /me violently attempts to stab the man hard in the stomach with the bottle.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Truffle

Truffle Grower
    Forum Moderator

iveseendissomewhere
    goodolfightrpinbenchrp
    goodguideman

3. SnailZ

SnailZ New-Member
    Server Moderator

So it is just P2L?

4. Supreme Leader Snoke

For now yes, as banana didnt want to use the /roll system.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. The Evonation

The Evonation CW Admin

You write in third person for your /miis

6. Xenon

Xenon Active Member

But the roll system is so awesome and it makes things more equal
    In the case of evenly matched opponents....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Supreme Leader Snoke

The roll system might implemented for such occurrences

8. Fragger

Fragger Grower

Roll is in all honesty stupid, the thing about fightRP is it shouldn't be balanced, if someone is stronger they'll win, and it gets to the point where what is an equal opponent? How and when it'll be used and so forth

9. Supreme Leader Snoke

I know 1 combine = 2 citizens,

10. Xenon

Xenon Active Member

But the roll system still uses stats, basically if I roll 45 and they roll 20, yet they have a strength of 30, they'd still win.

11. Fragger

Fragger Grower

Using Stat boosts, and roll bonuses are actually horrible, literally image this; A CPF Approaches a group of citizens, He has fucking augments afterwards he ends up taking on three citizens and wins cause his roll bonus of strength and augments are like 90

12. Xenon

Xenon Active Member

But there are different ways to do things when more than two are involved D:

13. Fragger

Fragger Grower

No I agree with that, however rolls should only occur when no one can come to an agreement, Rolls more or less are the worse thing about HL2RP, it is nearly impossible to agree upon their standards.

14. Supreme Leader Snoke

I like what xenon said, Rolls should really only be a last resort, like a fight that is evenly matched, or is going on to long.