Figured I'd Say Something About All These Promotions

Discussion in 'Clone Wars' started by Gamzrok24, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

Seriously. After the most recent Commander meeting, everything went to shit.

Multiple people were promoted from CT/CLC/CS (mind you, NOT EVEN OFFICERS) to Battalion Commanders and Commanders. Examples are: Chaos, McCoy, and Corvus

And then those part of the commando team got screwed over, and many commandos who had TRAINED AND EARNED THEIR PLACE were kicked off simply cause a guy came back to keep leading commandos. Seriously? Keep the damn commandos you have and just hire more. Or at least retest them.

Honestly there is a ton of rule breaking going on in this meeting. Promotions to commanders should happen immediately like they did. Can someone explain to me how this isn't rule breaking without simply saying "Well we had to do something" or "It was an emergency decision".

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

Either fix the damn promotions, or remove the rule. Otherwise they are contradicting each other.

3. .Texas

.Texas Member

Maybe you should do some research before throwing out accusations like the ones you have said. Because I know the reason for commandos getting purged, but there is definatly a reason for "CTs getting commander ( but I'm not sure.) Maybe you should get facts and evedence before going off on the forums.

4. zdeathclock

zdeathclock Founder
    Founder

Ok, let me explain the mess I caused with the promotions of the security. It was brought to my attention a loop hole, so I allowed them to promote up until I talked to jog and see what he thought. Jog said no that there was no exception and that it should still not happen, so I just talked to them and they went back down to their rank.
    For the commandos though, since raze was voted into boss, he is in control of commandos. He may choose to run them as he see fits, and wipe and add who he wants. There is always commander meetings though and if a commander is doing a poor job the commander meeting will reflect it.
    Sorry for the trouble and the mess that I caused, I hope you guys can forgive me for that hiccup

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jog

Jog Drug-Dealer Helper
    Community Supervisor

In regards to @zdeathclock post regarding the promotions, if it was done at the meeting it would of been fine for ONE person to be bumped to commander. Otherwise the other promotions were in violation of the rules.

Quote from the OPMG: "Hence, the process will take a month+ to reach the rank of battalion commander." It takes a while to get a rank and rank skipping is not allowed as per server rules and the Pocket Case we had a bit ago.

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. zdeathclock

zdeathclock Founder
    Founder

That's what was brought to my attention as that I was being dumb. Sorry again about that :/

7. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

Ooooor you should remind yourself of Jog's (Or Jordans) rule of promotions taking a minimum of 4 days to get, therefore people being insta-commandered isn't allowed.

Also, I do know the reason for them being purged. And while that's ok, at least offer them a chance to stay by giving them a test or something. Not doing so makes you extremely indecent.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

Yeah, I understand. There were just quite a few people confused and annoyed with the sudden extreme promotions, with myself included.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. The Evonation

The Evonation CW Admin

I will definitely discuss this with Mace when I can.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

He shouldn't have been promoted to commander right away. Perhaps to captain to see how he does against smitty. However you explain this wrong. Smitty was a captain not a major. Chaos promoted him to major. It wasn't until after smitty was causing trouble thy chaos removed him.

Only way to dad track is via commander meetings.
    No, commanders agreed to vote out the current boss who mind you should have never had boss to begin with. When only 3 commanders vote, there isn't enough commanders voting to make a vote valid. So that's why he was removed. Again commanders had nothing to do with the purge, either of them.
    negative. They did vote in raze correct. But I also 100% disagree with his biased decision to just putting his friends in commandos

If your gonna post "facts" at least get them right

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skip

Skip c00l d00d
    Forum Administrator
    c00l d00d

I smell a new endless alert coming up on this.

On topic, I try my best to stay out of CW's personal affairs, but I would only like to mention one thing. I HIGHLY agree with the idea of putting someone at CT,CLC, or CS to the rank of captain rather than commander as they can still do tryouts as well as they may be removed if seen inactive or incompetent in general. FO has started doing that in which a new battalion leader is made 2nd LT to which they are not a Captain (battalion leader on FO) but they can still lead effectively.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cнroмα

Cнroмα CW Super Admin
    Forum Moderator

I deleted my post as apparently I have the 'facts' wrong. If you want the true facts read Jordan's post.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Lol I don't know how many times I have to say something before people listen.

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

I heard you loud and clear. Here, let me quote you :)

The entire reason you choose them is because you already know they are skilled. You saw them before in your own battalion.

However, there are other people on the server who are skilled too. Whether you know them or not. Instead of properly running the commandos in regards to having trainees and giving other skilled people the chance to join, you instantly brought in and choose the people you already knew.

That is literally the definition of being biased. You said it yourself, they are already close to you.

#14 Jordan, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gray

Gray Drug-Dealer Helper
    Forum Administrator Server Director
    Head Janitor

Maybe .

To add, people shouldn't be jump promoted, I've seen this happen before on FO but it has stopped now on FO... I won't dig to deep into this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

I've been on this server for six months.. Right now.. There is nobody i would ask to Join Commandos, aside from the people who they know who they are. And i've given that opportunity.

It's not biased, its called being smart. I'm aware of whos out there, and i'm not impressed.

I don't need to take the chance of finding someone who is worth the time.. I already have found them.. Don't you see the logic there?

17. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

bias - prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.
    biased - unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.

Not having tryouts while allowing in your friends from arma is the definition of bias. It's not fair if there aren't even tryouts and when many many many people can do combat even better. Imagine if people started letting in others without any tryouts or training periods. That would be awful.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

George here is a master in Carpentry..
    Carpenter Company "Sticks" is hiring.
    They hire George to craft a Bench.
    They make George attend a Training Seminar 8 hours drive away, for three days.
    George comes backs, learns nothing new, wasted an 8 hour drive and three days time. For something he could of did in 1 hour.

Seeing a pattern?

George is then made CEO because of his experience and skill, and decides to fire several people, and replace them with people He knows are better.
    The people ask... "Why was I fired, I was doing good"
    George replies, "I've been organizing men, training them and doing my job for years son, I know whats good and what is bad.. You're fired."
    George puts out a statement saying, "Enough wasting time, lets do what we are here for. Do your job and get it done."
    The company skyrockets, Profits soar and they produce great product, Yet those who were fired, and friends of those who were fired... Will always complain.

George does what is good for the Company, not what is best for people's Hearts and Minds...

Because George cannot please everyone.

19. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

I get the analogy, and I understand what you're saying. But I have two main issues.

One, you sound arrogant AF and that's not a good thing.
    Two, George had no idea what the people he fired were capable of, he only saw the yield of the company. He saw the directions and idea of the previous CEO, not of the workers.

In other words, yeah, maybe the old Boss sucked, but you can't kick out the members because their old CEO sucks. There's a chance the CEO was snuffing the employee's abilities, and now you are doing the same.

20. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

The analogy falls flat when you realize most people can do what George does. A better analogy is that George is a cashier at McDonalds. ANYONE CAN DO THAT. Sure, there are some disabled people who can't but many can. So in this situation we have a dude who hires only his close friends to become cashiers at McDonald's when many people could do that which makes things unfair for everyone else and is biased.

You gotta remember that this is a gmod server and that it's ridiculously easy to fight droids in combat. Your buds aren't the only ones qualified for the job, let alone the best. In fact they're far from it if some of them are only silver in CSGO. Most people can shoot droids standing still in an RP fashion. This is why you gotta do tryouts because everyone gets a FAIR chance to prove themselves. What you did is simply choosing your friends to do the job. Sure they can do a good job but same with a great number of people so that's not saying much.

• Winner Winner x 1