1. Hey Guest! Want to win up to a $50 USD Steam Gift? Visit this thread to find out more! Scotty's Competition
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion Commander Meeting Rules

Discussion in 'CW Feedback & Suggestions' started by Jordan, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

Hi everyone!!

As everyone may or not know, Twos and I will be bringing a document to the director and supervisor that consists of new commander meeting rules.

Before we finalise everything and complete the document we want to talk to the player base and ask what their opinions on the current system is.

We are asking for your suggestions and feedback. We want you to give us any ideas you may have on what should happen with the meetings and what rules should be either added. deleted, or altered.

From what we seen, we have already implemented a few things that the player base have had an issue with. We hope to have a much better implementation with users input :)

• Useful Useful x 2
  2. Ace1649

Ace1649 Drug-Dealer Helper
    Server Super Admin Server Gamemaster

Marshal Commanders need more power to lead the meetings rather than be an overseer. Also the rules should be clear that the 2/3 of present attendees at the meeting need to agree to pass something through. Shouldn't so vauge where someone can say "not all the battalions were represented" well that's on the CO it shouldn't affect the rest of the members. However a meeting can only happen when a majority of the battalions are being represented.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Osiris Lord Of Memes Premium User

you are posting the rules so we can see and make suggestionr ight?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

Not yet. We want peoples opinions on the CURRENT system. That way we can edit the document further. We are going to be posting it though eventually!

5. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Make it so the people who are there, are the people who make the decision. Meaning not 2/3rd s of the "Commanders Total", it would be 2/3rd s of the Commanders Present. As justified by the term "Group" in the actual Commanders Meeting Document. That rule in itself will cause a lot of confusion and bullshit.

The whole "Wait a week" thing is bullshit also. Not everyone has the patience or time to wait another week to make a decision. Vote until a decision is made. Pushing it back weeks and weeks does absolutely nothing beside waste time.

Also the "i'm going to sit down and not vote" is stupid as fuck. Tell them to get off their asses and do something. Abstaining from a vote is just a way of saying either " I'm not going to publicly make a decision"
    ( In which case, that man has an Agenda and you need to keep and eye on him )
    or
    "I don't care" In which case, if they don't care, they shouldn't be there, or the topic shouldn't exist.

#5 Raze, Jan 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

With these ideas, you could have a meeting when there's like 20 people on and only like 7 reps for all the battalions. Then only 4 of those dudes with agendas would need to agree on demoting someone for BS reasons like "inactivity" (and we all saw how that went with boss which was a shit show). And because you wouldn't have to wait a week to think things through and to give the commander a chance to fix their mistakes you could kick dudes out left and right. My point is this system would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to easy to corrupt because a small minority of commanders can fuck everyone else over just like that. The 1 week buffer is crucial, especially for something like demotions. This way EVERYONE (like the commanders who weren't there) gets a heads up that a vote happened. I could give more reasons but I think it's pretty clear already

We need a high minimum number of commanders (all of them? a majority? idk) to vote which would make votes legitimate. We don't want to go through the Boss situation again. Also, I think waiting a week to demote someone is more than fair and necessary because it's ludicrous to demote someone from commander without giving them a chance. And for something like inactivity you gotta give a heads up or something because demoting someone out of the blue is stupid. That is easily corruptible and doesn't have many "checks and balances" I guess you could say. Commanders deserve to have a week to defend themselves/prove that they're gonna be more active/get a 2nd chance. And if you're too impatient to wait a week (the sky didn't fall when jones became boss, and it won't again so why rush things?) to DEMOTE someone (which is very serious and done too often) then you probably shouldn't be a commander in the first place.

And for abstaining, I kinda agree but at the same time not everyone's informed. Like if someone proposes Lt. NobodyKnowsWho to be a new commander and nobody knows who that is then abstaining is the best option. You don't know whether the guy is good enough for commander but you also don't know if he's unfit. So you abstain. I feel like abstaining is very important because then you'll have people voting yes/no when they're unsure of their decision and that can lead to very unfair situations. This is also where the 1 week buffer is helpful because if a lot of people abstain because they need more time to think/look at the evidence then they can push the issue to the next week's meeting and come prepared/informed

• Like Like x 1
  7. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Thanks for your effort, but come up with some opinions of your own, instead of piggy backing on mine. Thanks.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  8. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

These opinions were already known to many but you're late to the party so I told you too. Thanks for stifling discussion tho

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daytona211

Daytona211 Drug-Dealer Helper
    Server Moderator
    Major Btich

They already voted on rules. Perhaps you should speak to the current commanders who this actually applies to at the meeting

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

Clearly, those rules aren't working.
    They are free to comment on this like anyone else,

11. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Osiris Lord Of Memes Premium User

Could you post the current rules at least or add them to the original post so we know what they are, its been a while since i was commander so I dont remember them.

12. Husk

Husk Addictied

i like the "husk will be the tie breaker in votes" rule by jordan

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Daytona211

Server Moderator
    Major Btich

How are they clearly not working? Give details?

@Mace the more likely scenario is that they will need to be tweaked. Perhaps that should be a topic for this week

14. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

Meetings can no longer change the rules. The rules will be implemented within the server rules.

15. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Daytona211

Server Moderator
    Major Btich

17. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

That's why we need effective/good rules so commanders can't make ridiculous decisions. If people didn't make ridiculous decisions we wouldn't need any rules in the first place

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Daytona211

Server Moderator
    Major Btich

But it is the job of the commanders who are responsible to make decisions. If we remove a majority of there collective power then the meetings become useless as they just state but not solve problems

19. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

If you've been paying attention to the past couple meetings and if you just look at those 2 threads that were linked you would see that's wrong. Commanders are responsible for making decisions but the current rules make it too easy to make stupid decisions. It's like people forgot why we had Marshals in the first place. Marshals are gonna be smarter and more mature so they can run meetings effectively and reject ideas using common sense. The commanders have proven they're unable to so far by putting CTs straight to commander and allowing 3 votes to decide things

20. Husk

Husk Addictied

did someone say marshal

• Winner Winner x 1