Suggestion Cantina/Lounge on Ship

Discussion in 'CW Feedback & Suggestions' started by Raze, Jan 11, 2017.

?

Would you like to see a Cantina/Lounge on ship?

1. Yes

91.7%
  2. No

8.3%
  1. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

So for quite a while now I've been thinking that we need something for the times where we have downtime on ship. We host tryouts, run training or patrol, but walking around the ship in circles or standing still for an hour is not exactly what would be described as appealing RP. With this I would like to offer up the idea of taking the Mess hall room, or another room with equal size and creating a Cantina. A place for ship members, meaning army or navy, to go sit down and run either passive RP or have an inviting place to hangout while on ship. It would be exceedingly simple to create, and could have it done and perma-propped within 20 minutes. Now the idea was put in OOC and people seemed to like it, and although the idea to make it an Officer only thing was presented. I will not propose that here, for the backfire that will ensue. It's simply something to imagine or think about, and I believe it would only further people to have more open conversation with each other in a place were it is welcomed.

I could go into mass detail about why this would be useful, but the idea itself speaks loud. It provides no harm, and could even go through a test phase. Meaning we em-place it for a week and see if it is used frequently or not.

Post a comment as to whether or not you would like to see this, and if so, what you would like to see in it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gamzrok24

Gamzrok24 Grower

This is an incredible idea Raze and I think we should do it as soon as possible :). We could do it in the large room right outside the CR room as that seems to make the most sense for a Mess Hall anyway.

3. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

The ooc Catana is something we already have planned. Same with our armory. We are getting the mass effect props to fixed before we build a lot of rooms.

With that said, feel free to build a simple Catana for now with as little props as possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Osiris Lord Of Memes Premium User

Well we do have enough room so technically we could have a general mess hall and an officers only mess hall (on opposite sides of the med bay).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Osiris Lord Of Memes Premium User

And dont forget to add in the cere's props too

6. Eagle

Eagle Grower

+1
    Maybe something like a video screen to play videos would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cнroмα

Cнroмα CW Super Admin
    Forum Moderator

I like this idea. +1 from me

• Like Like x 1
  8. ASC

ASC Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Like the idea. +1

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

Lmao no. His props cause too many problems, sometimes can crash a server.
    Our mass effect props will literally be the exact same design, just all fixed.

10. Mace

Mace CW Server Admin/Forum Moderator
    Forum Moderator Server Super Admin

It not be Raze's Idea mah dude the OOC lounge has been a thing for a pretty long time we just don't have one on this new map

That's the training room I don't think the first thing new CR's want to see is cancer fest 2K17. It would make more sense in one of 4 empty rooms in port and starboard hallways like Osiris suggested probably near med bay that's where it was before.

11. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Personally, I would like to see this be an In-Charcter Cantina. Anything OOC is just fucking cancer. RP all the way.

12. Vector

Vector CW Staff Manager

I think keeping it in character would be a better way of doing it. It can work well if security regulates it right.

Watch this video for reference:

Now we obviously don't have all the things shown in the video (Sex droids, women, civilians), but we can still do the best with what we have.

13. swag

swag Drug-Dealer Helper

If we want rp then a mess hall makes more sense on a venator

14. Vector

Vector CW Staff Manager

A small cantina has been built in the messhall. Feel free to hang out and have a drink when you're bored and off duty. Try to keep in IC at the moment.

On a side note, we should make a doc to explain the rules of the Cantina, and I already have a few rules thought out.

1. All drinking must be kept inside the cantina. Any alcohol found outside the area will be considered contraband.
    2. There shall be a limit as to how much alcohol that can be distributed to people, as to prevent drunkenness on duty. Let's say 3 alcoholic beverages as the limit.
    3. Only Republic Cooks may operate the Cantina (at the moment, Scooby is our goto bartender), and must be trained to prepare drinks and break up arguments.
    4. Tavern games are allowed in the Cantina, but gambling is illegal.
    5. The jukebox is allowed to be used by admins only, and appropriate music is to be played if allowed, and only while offduty.

If anyone has any more ideas for rules and regulations, feel free to add on or amend what I have so far.

• Like Like x 1