Jones For boss 2017 and My Thoughts ( For Commanders )

Discussion in 'Clone Wars' started by .Texas, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Should Climb Swep even be in the server?

1. Take Out Climb Swep

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  2. Keep Climb Swep

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .Texas

.Texas New Member

(Small Backstory)
    (Hello to whoever reads this, you may or may not know me but I've been a commando for 90% of the time I've been on the server. I originally went from Scorch to Fixer to Boss and that was months of time on the server. Then i took a break and came back 2 months ago and got back into commandos and became fixer.)

So currently i was informed that the Boss position was filled by none other that RC trainee Jones. Just before i get into the amusing decision, It might have been One.... Maybe Two weeks that Jones has been in commandos and thats not even the best part. The former boss "Noble" for some reason gave Jones RC Trainee out of thin air... Jones has never completed any sort of climbswep course, no weapons training or anything. So the only reason he was made a trainee is because he was buddy's with the now old boss. Jones to my knowledge has no skill and no idea what its like to be a commando.

And blaming this all on inactivity is ludicrous. Most commandos were on short LOA's because of the holidays or some other reasons. Also there has been a complete server change that has rendered it difficult to even play on the server.

It may appear as if i wanted to take boss and control commandos , or in jones words "Be in command of this battalion regiment" (lul) I don't. But in all reality I cant see this going well, And there are no intentions to orchestrate any sort of revolution. This is just my initial Thoughts to what i have just found out and am curious to how it will unfold. Or how the commanders intended for it to go.

I was also told that commandos are being purged by Jones... No hard feelings, I just admire how well your plan played out. Jones if you read this im going to have to give you the Well Played on this one... well played

Excuse my typos and grammar im just thinking and typing to get this done quickly.

#1 .Texas, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Not Sag

Not Sag CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

I voted for Twos at the commanders meetings and he is currently a janitor, but it does seem really unfair that Jones (A Trainee) was put in the position of Boss this easily. I have nothing against Jones and I don't even know him but one of the other commando's should have been given a chance at being Boss before the trainee was.
    Jones has already made a bad decision which was purging the commando's as said in Texas's post, which there was some great members in there as well but it is his decision to do that so I can't argue.
    Rip Commando's?

#2 Not Sag, Jan 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vector

Vector CW Super Admin
    Server Super Admin

I've known Jones for a while, he goes back far to ASG. There, he was in 501st as Krypton. Then, he became Commander Wolffe, before leaving the battalion to Rivera. He's recently come back and became Commando. My point is, he's had plenty of leading and combat experience and I think everyone should give him a chance.

4. Not Sag

Not Sag CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Anyone can shoot a gun and lead, which is in every battalion/squad. Everyone has combat experience on Clone Wars, and he led an assault/transport battalion not an elite squad like commando's. But the fact that he never even tried out to get into commando's and went straight from a trainee to Boss is unfair to the other commando's. Also I've heard he can't climbswep (but I can't judge cause I haven't seen him) which is the thing that actually separates commando's from normal attack battalions and others, commando's are meant to be all rounders and really good with climbswep.
    Like I said, I have nothing against Jones. It's just that he went from being a trainee to Boss and then decided to purge the current commando's who were great and active and didn't deserve to be purged.

#4 Not Sag, Jan 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Nobody can say for certain whether he will be a good option or not, only time will tell. For now, hes Boss and he will do what HE sees fit for the Team. Let him have his chance, he fucks up, thats on him. He excels then good for the server. Just met the guy today, I have my opinion... I am curious as to see how it will turn out.

Also to say that Commandos has been fine in the past is a bold lie. Commandos were a fucking joke. Those guys should be soaring past my guys in skill.. of course that will never happen, but I want to see someone try. Give him his chance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Not Sag

Not Sag CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

I wasn't talking about Ezio the past boss, but his recruited commando's Texas & Ybok are very skilled. Commando's just haven't had a good boss for a while. Also Texas makes a good point on what he's said about Jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

The unit will only ever be as skilled as their leader.

8. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

I think he should then undergo a real commando tryout course :p This is if its true he never even tried out.

Commandos should be elite. not just given to people.

#8 Jordan, Jan 2, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

I can vet him for ya haha

10. Not Sag

Not Sag CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

This is never true with squads like commando's or Clone Wars servers too, my ARC troopers could be way better than me at reconnaissance and climbswep (but of course they're not) but they could be and I would still be commander.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ShadowWolf

ShadowWolf Member

#ShadowWolf4Boss?

12. Fordo

Fordo CW Super Admin
    Server Super Admin

Clint was

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Fordo

Fordo CW Super Admin
    Server Super Admin

For my personal opinion on the matter, during the commander meeting they held the vote for the new boss and I'll have you know only 4 commanders of probably 10 or so actually voted on who should be the new Boss. I abstained because I didn't know much about Jones or Two's to vote. I did however say multiple times in chat that the current commando's were on LOA, and that their LOA's were posted on the old website. But I was rather ignored when I brought it up, so the vote still went through. I think we should question the decision made and talk with the rest of Delta Squad at the commander's meeting next Saturday and see what they think. I remember us making a rule where the commandos have to be able to work together and if they cannot then they may be removed from the position. ( Don't quote me on that, I'm not really sure if that's in effect.) I think it's only fair also if the members of Delta Squad got a say in who were leading them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Jog

Jog Member
    Community Supervisor

To add on to Fordo, I abstained as well (wasn't a fair vote at all). I think the way the vote was done and how hastilly it was proceeded was a joke and we should redo everything next meeting starting with a fresh start of commandos and people having to be reaffirmed into the positions

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. .Texas

.Texas New Member

That's my issue with it Jordan, We basically have a random CT that got in for free and now runs commandos. If i saw him do a climb swep course or pvp and he was good i would have no problem. But that's not the case unfortunately... And he did not try out cause i asked noble and he said he just let him in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Centrix

Centrix Member

I was told that the new trainees didn't do any type of climbswep and just did a sim in the sim room

• Like Like x 1
  17. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Oh so that is who jones is, welp I trust him then.

Honestly I feel you guys should instate a rule were if half of the commanders abstain during the vote, the vote is vetoed and brought back up again at the end of the meeting or should be put on hold until next weeks meeting. That way we can avoid having only 3 commander make a decision when 6 other commanders have yet to make a decision is rather unfair.

• Like Like x 1
  18. .Texas

.Texas New Member

Thats exactly what i expected from the start. Hes treating it like a normal battalion when its not and thats sad... R.I.P Commandos 2017

19. Centrix

Centrix Member

the droids in sim room have a 100hp too

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Fragger

Fragger Member

Honestly it shouldn't matter if hes "OG" that fucking phrase pisses me off. Because I am certain at least half of you have met someone who is "OG" who acts better than everyone because of that reason, like just because I've been here for two years doesn't mean I have a better chance at getting something than someone else. So he shouldn't get this title/rank/job because he is old and has "experience" that shouldn't have to do with anything because if he does a shit course than he isn't showing his full potential.

He should just be made to do a full Commando training course, afterwards he should impose the same course or harder course and his trainees.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.