Suggestion Commander Meeting Rules

Discussion in 'CW Feedback & Suggestions' started by Jordan, Jan 10, 2017 at 7:45 AM.

1. swag

swag Member

youre hired

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member
    Server Gamemaster

Then why even have commanders. Let's just have marshals

3. swag

swag Member

4. Sock Monkey

Sock Monkey New Member

so we should call them Marshal Commander meetings, and commanders can come and debate topics for 2 people to have final say over...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member
    Server Gamemaster

Good one sock good roast! hahaha xd jk

Thanks for summing my point with sarcasm

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. swag

swag Member

When did I say that? All I said is having it be a sausage fest obviously isn't working. Having mature marshals to lead the meetings makes the most sense.

"Because everyone deserves a say?"

I didn't realize I had to spell it out for multiple people.

And why were marshals removed in the first place?

7. Jordan

Jordan Founder
    Founder

It is their job to hold meetings and look at IC issues. Server rules are made from the high staff. Not the players. Simple.
    Exactly, why rules are NOT useless. There could have been rules in place to prevent that. So your "Ridiculous decisions and not the rules" argument are invalid.

Your completely ignoring the point day. As usual.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Scotty

Scotty New Member

You
    You do realize I made like 3 pages worth of the rules and regulations of commander meetings, let me try to get into my old google docs account and I will send them to you, as well as any other IC rules I have on me from when I was security, feel freee to make corrections or adjustments to the documents in any positive way

9. Scotty

Scotty New Member

I have read through your discussion and t seems you are going at this the wrong way. You see your trying to handle this situation by making everything equal and just where in fact it is not. I'm CW RP your are playing the role as a member of an armed force. Armed forces are not run like a democracy or a republic in fact quite the opposite. It is more similar to a caste system in which the highest rank has the highest say and the lowest rank has the lowest say, within a set of rules. Now i see that many of you are concerned that the commanders are making stupid decisions. Keep in mind you are running a military RP wise and since the commander other than the marshal is one of the highest ranks they have the power to make a stupid decision. And if that stupid decision is within the set rules then you can complain all you want, but in the end that commander did nothing wrong. Believe me this stuff happens in the army all the time, sometimes you just get stupid leaders that make stupid decisions, but since they technically did not brake any rules in that decision you cannot necessarily do anything. You cannot just assign someone a leadership position and expect them to please everyone and make great decisions right off the bat. You can make, rewrite or amend all the rules you want,but it will never get rid of stupid leadership. Stupid leadership will always be there. It is like having to fart real bad in public. Everyone knows it is there and you try to hide it, but in the end you just accept the fact that you have to fart, and just let it out and forget about it. In conclusion the rules you have setup are probably the best you're going to get them without getting confusiongly detailed and indepth with it. Just accept that not everyone will be pleased and move on to more important things than peoples opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Scotty

Scotty New Member

I am unable to access my old google docs at this time, but talk to mace, he should have copies of my rules I came up with as well as other docs I made.

11. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Yeah well in the Armed Forces a General fucks up, he is forced to Resign. Here they fuck up, they smile and walk away.
    Not the same thing. The stupid decisions are from peer pressure(And Stupid People). It takes about three idiots to sway another 3 unto their side. Not many people here have the will to stand for what they believe in.

Unfortunately this is less Military, more Politics

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Which is where they are going about it wrong, they need treat it for what it is a military and not politics. I'm in the army dude, and they don't make generals or anyone else "resign" for messing up every now and then.

13. Raze

Raze CW Server Admin
    Server Admin

Messing up every now and then, is not a fuckup.. A fuckup is when you screw up so bad, the consequences ripple through others. Thats when they make you resign.. Many Commanders here do that monthly or Bi-monthly. That should be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Please give me an example of these alleged screw ups

15. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member
    Server Gamemaster

@Raze this is why I and many other servers suggest we remove side battalions that aren't as focused on on lore and instead have the commanders of the main battalion either step up or get replaced

• Like Like x 1
  16. Osiris Lord Of Memes

Agreed, it be for the best to shorten down even more on the battalions that arent necessary and have a revaluation of all current commanders by staff (even if they are staff). Also if we have another incident where a leader refuses his demotion and uses is staff powers they should be pked and be demoted one rank staff and put on probation.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scotty

Scotty New Member

Just do what the army does and instead of doing minor punishments threaten to give the ultimate punishment for anything related to staff refusing IC demotions, and ban them obviously they do not want to participate in the RP like everyone else and want to be a special snowflake.Why have them on the server anyway if they aren't going to do the right thing like they are expected to as staff.

#37 Scotty, Jan 16, 2017 at 4:04 AM
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017 at 5:03 AM
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Daytona211

Daytona211 Member
    Server Gamemaster

@Scotty as you know we have certain people that like to guilt others into taking there side when they are wrong and keeping a commanders meeting going for an insane amount of time because of "betrayal"